Research Positions in Construction Robotics
Hong Kong Center for Construction Robotics (HKCRC) was established in 2020 as a joint collaborative effort among the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), University of California, Berkeley, and Tsinghua University. Its mission is to bring robotics, AI, and other advanced technologies to the construction industry. Unlike typical academic research institutes, the Center focuses on research driven by real and immediate problems, by regularly engaging with stakeholders, and cross-pollination of different project teams within the Center. Our goal is to deliver prototype solutions and start-up teams that can bring transformative changes to the construction industry.
The Center is now filling mechanical/electrical/algorithm research positions. There are several directions:
- Robotics SLAM
- Robotics Motion Control
- Robotics Decision Planning
- Machine Learning, Image Processing, Computer Vision
- Multi Sensor Fusion (Visual, Lidar, IMU, etc.)
- Robotics Mechanical Structure Design
- Embedded System
Appointees are expected to have entrepreneurial spirit, conduct and manage the entire early-stage opportunities identification, research development and proof-of-concept process, including but not limited to:
- Problem definition; market research; feasibility study; business proposal
- Team development; system specification; deployment of key modules; proof-of-concept
- Iteration; engineering verification test; design verification test; design and deployment
Applicants should have a Master?s degree or above in Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields, solid background on mathematics, C, C++, Python, etc.
We seek ambitious, talented, and energetic candidates who think big, can embrace the ambiguities inherent in real problems, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence. The Center is committed to achieving success for the teams, the Center, and for the entire industry.
- Competitive salary
- Working on solutions to real engineering problems in the proper business context
- Interaction with world-class companies and researchers
- Interaction with other start-up teams
- The opportunity to build and launch your own start-up
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with a copy of a recent CV or resume.