Call for RSS 2023 Workshops and Tutorials
Robotics: Science and Systems
Jul 10 – Jul 14, 2023
Daegu, Republic of Korea
We invite proposals for full and half-day workshops and tutorials to take place in conjunction with the “Robotics: Science and Systems” (RSS) 2023 conference. Proposals should be submitted by February 17th, 2023
via Google Forms here
. The conference, including its workshops and tutorials, is planned as an in-person event.
The RSS workshops and tutorials provide high-quality, topically-focused forums for researchers at the forefront of robotics. They will take place at the Daegu Exhibition and Convention Center (EXCO), Daegu, Republic of Korea, on Monday, July 10 and Friday, July 14.
Workshops are intended to supplement the research presented in the main proceedings. Tutorials should support researchers new to the field in quickly gaining the necessary skills and knowledge. We are encouraging events that will promote discussion and interaction among the participants. We will prioritize proposals with high educational value, interest and relevance.
Specifically, we welcome:
- Proposals with a diverse set of confirmed speakers as well as with a plan for active participation of the audience (e.g., submissions for posters/presentations, discussion sessions, interactive hands-on tutorials, etc.).
- We encourage organizers to consider, among others, diversity of presenters in terms of: i) Seniority and academic rank (beyond senior researchers, you could invite senior PhD students and postdocs whose work you appreciate), ii) Gender, iii) Race and ethnicity, iv) Geographic location, v) Professional backgrounds (e.g., industry, government, and academia).
- Innovative event structures that will encourage discussion and interaction among the participants. Previous examples include structured debates or groupings of senior and junior researchers for brainstorming new research directions.
- Proposals that will encourage the participation of communities that have not traditionally participated at RSS but are relevant to robotics science and systems, or the practice and philosophy of the discipline.
- Tutorials focusing on tools commonly used in work presented at RSS or showcasing new libraries, which the community can leverage.
- Workshops that will encourage analysis and reflection on topics and issues, which formulate challenge problems and that promote discussion, debates, and long-term vision. This includes workshops on ideas that may be important for the field but may be poorly treated by the formal peer-review process.
Workshop proposers should indicate to invited speakers that they should not accept to participate in more than 2 workshops or tutorials. Organizers should explicitly remind and verify this recommendation with the invited speakers.
Submissions: We expect proposals to be approximately 2-3 pages in length, and no more than 5 pages. The proposal template can be found at this link
Workshop and tutorial proposals should be submitted here
- Workshop Proposal Submission Deadline: February 17th 11:59pm AoE, 2023
- Acceptance Notification: March 17th, 2023
- Workshop dates: July 10 and July 14, 2023
Dongheui Lee and Hyundong Oh
RSS Workshop Chairs 2023