|Journal Editorial Board Bylaws
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of these bylaws is to determine matters regarding the conduct of the journal Editorial Board members (referred to as “members” hereafter) and regarding the publication of the journal.
Article 2 (Composition)
The Editorial Board consists of one Chairman, one Vice Chairman and a number of members from varying fields of expertise. Board members are nominated and appointed by the Chairman. Editors are required to be regular members of the Society and to have had a doctorate degree for at least two years (or equivalent).
Article 3 (Tenure)
The term length of an Editorial Board staff member is three (3) years. A member can serve consecutive terms.
Article 4 (Duty)
The Editorial Board executes tasks including paper review, editing and publication. Such tasks include but are not limited to the establishing of policies for the regular publication of the journal, selection of paper reviewers and the selection of papers to be published. The journal is published four times a year, in March, June, September, and December, and is issued on the last day of the preceding month.
Article 5 (Fields)
The fields of the Board are as follows and the order in which papers are printed follow the manuscript submission regulations.
- Network based robotics technologies
- Human robot interaction
- Advanced robot sensing and control technologies
- R&D and industry models of ubiquitous robots
- Robots and robotic technologies in daily life
- Sensor and sensor networks
- Context aware agents framework and planning
- Micro/nano robotics
- Intelligent space/environment technologies
- Robot mechanism
- Humanoid robot
- Multi-robot systems
- Motion planning
- Control of mechatronic systems
- Surgical robots
- Multi-robot cooperation and coordination
- Redundant robots
- Modular robotics
- Biomimetic mechanisms
- Innovative applications
- Robot design
- Autonomous management and self configuration strategies for ambient intelligence
- Other related fields
Article 6 (Paper Review)
The paper reviewing process follows The Journal of Korea Robotics Society Reviewing Regulations.
Article 7 (Editorial Board Selection Criteria)
Selection standards of members of the Editorial Board are covered in Appendix 1.
- These regulations are implemented as of June 25, 2008.
Editorial Board Selection Standards and Procedure:
- Editors must be regular members of the Society
- Editors must have had a doctorate degree for at least two (2) years
- Editors must have a record of research and/or other experience in a relevant field
- When applying for consecutive terms, an Editor’s performance in the previous year must be considered
- Editors must be specialized in the field in which they are editing.
- Editors must be selected from a variety of institutions and areas of research.
- Announce call for reviewers on website or by email
- Applications accepted via email
- Applicant acceptance deliberated by the Editorial Board
- Applicant acceptance approved by the Board of Directors
- Successful applicants appointed to the Editorial Board